How much of a deposit is required to reserve a spot for my child?
- A $250.00 non-refundable deposit must accompany each school application to reserve a place for your child in our program; $50.00 will be applied as a registration fee and $200.00 will be applied towards tuition.
- A $225.00 non-refundable deposit must accompany each summer camp application to reserve a place for your child in our program; $25.00 will be applied as a registration fee and $200.00 will be applied towards tuition.
What type of payment schedule do you offer?
- Summer Camp- Payment is due in full by June 1 of the camp season
- School Tuition-9 payments between August and April (full tuition must be paid by April 1 of the school year. You can also pay tuition in full prior to the beginning of the start of school and receive a 5% discount if paying by cash or check or a 2% discount if paying by credit card.
What are the schools credentials?
- Licensing: Beth Am is licensed by the Department of Public Welfare and we also have a state- registered kindergarten program.
- Certification: Our staff is certified in First Aid and CPR and is required to provide Child Abuse, Criminal Background checks and FBI clearance forms at their time of hire.
- Keystone Stars: We are currently a Stars Level 2 school.
Do you have an infant center?
Yes, our program is designed for families who need care for their baby for the majority of the day or are seeking additional stimulation and socialization for their baby. The children’s ages range from 3 to 14 months or until they are developmentally ready to move to our first stepper or waddler program. You are putting into our care your most precious gifts, therefore, we create an environment that feels like home away from home.
Is Synagogue Membership included with our registration in the School of Early Learning?
Join our “STEPPING INTO MEMBERSHIP” program by contacting the main office at 215-886-8000 for a membership packet.
- If your oldest child is enrolled in the Temple Beth Torah School of Early Learning at Old York Road Temple-Beth Am, then you have the opportunity to become a member of our synagogue for FREE.
- If your oldest child is ready for Religious School (K – 3rd grade) and you have another child enrolled in the School of Early Learning, then you can become a member of the synagogue at a significantly DISCOUNTED rate.
What are the hours of your program?
Early Care 7:30 am-9:00 am
Half Day 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Full Day-9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Extended Hours- 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
School of Early Learning:
Early Care 7:30 am-8:45 am
Half Day 8:45 am – 11:45 am
Half Day with lunch bunch 8:45 am -12:30 pm
Full Day-8:45 am –3:15 pm
Extended Hours- 3:15 pm – 5:o0 pm
Summer Camp (11 weeks or weekly rate available)
Early Arrival- 7:30 am – 9:00 am
Half Day 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Full Day 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Extended Hours- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Can I visit the school with my child?
Yes, visits are always encouraged and recommended. Visiting us during school hours is best to get a feel for our school. What you see is what you will be getting for your child; a stimulating, active, caring, loving environment. We encourage you to visit with your child so you see and feel with your heart when you have found the right school for your most precious gift. Once a two week adjustment period has passed, we have an open-door policy and parents are always welcome to visit!
Thank you for 8 wonderful years. I am sad that my children are older now and will not be coming to your school each and every day. You have been like an extended family to us and provided a “home away from home” where I know my children were loved and safe.
Thank you so much for providing a loving atmosphere for Morgan to grow and flourish. I am grateful for the opportunity she had to be in a great environment with caring and loving teachers.
Watching Samantha and Alex grow up under your tutelage was incredible, especially seeing them go from shy little girls to confident kindergartners. I know that after going through your school they were prepared academically and socially for anything that is to come their way. I take my hat off to you and your staff, for you were all a part of their maturing
I have taken a lot of mommy & me classes, yours was definitely my favorite.
Thank you for all that you are and all that you do! You are an extraordinary director- knowledgeable, open minded, caring, resourceful, and never stuck in the state of contentedness- as you always seek to improve the program and progress with the times.
You continue to amaze us with the quality of education combined with the loving environment of your school.
Every teacher at SOEL is special in their own way. They all show a great deal of care and love to the children that they take care of!