Our mission: The goal of family education at Old York Road Temple- Beth Am is to increase knowledge, understanding and commitment to Jewish values in our families by encouraging activities which foster family participation.
Our family education program meets on Sunday mornings throughout the year from 11:30 a.m.-12:00p.m. Each grade has 1 workshops designed just for them. Students and parents join together for a hands-on creative project complete with painting, gluing and decorating. The Rabbis Cantor and Religious School Principal join the students and parents in a learning experience. Students in grades 4-6 will also participate in one Shabbat dinner each.
The curriculum for the Family education programs is centered around holidays, home and synagogue rituals.
- Kindergarten- decorate Elijah’s cup
- 1st grade- mezuzah decoration
- 2nd grade- challah baking
- 3rd grade- prayer book decoration
- 4th grade- tzedekah boxes and Shabbat dinner
- 5th grade- Craft for elderly and Shabbat dinner
- 6th grade- Yad project and Shabbat dinner